PEL Organization – Qamishlo
PEL organized a focus group discussion entitled “Assessing the Needs of the Public Park in Qamishlo”, on Monday, November 28, 2022, in the Public Park in Qamishlo.
Actors from the Municipality in Qamishlo, a group of environmental activists, media professionals and citizens participated in the discussion. The session dealt with several topics, the most important of which are:
- The importance of parks for cities and the reality of services and parks in Qamishlo city.
- The needs for the development of parks in general and Qamishlo Park in particular, and the extent of commitment to the standards of people with special needs.
- Mechanisms to enhance the role of the municipality in rehabilitating the public park.
- The level of community awareness to maintain the public park and its facilities.
- The role of civil society organizations, the media, and the private sector in supporting municipal procedures and increasing green spaces.
The session aimed to assess the needs of the public park in Qamishlo and see the reality of parks and their importance in Qamishlo city, as part of the activities of “Qamish” project, which aims to contribute to strengthening the capabilities of citizens and municipalities; To achieve better participation and build peace and social cohesion in Al-Jazira region.