PÊL - Civil Waves organization
PÊL - Civil Waves
PEL – Civil Waves is an extension of a civil movement that began in September 2011, when the Assembly of Syrian Kurdish Youth Abroad (ASKYA) was established at a youth conference held in the Swedish Parliament building in Stockholm.
The name of the organization was changed to PÊL-Civil Waves at its second conference, which was held in June 2013 in Berlin State Parliament building – Germany.
PEL-Civil Waves Organization established several projects that it developed and then launched to become independent, stand-alone projects, such as Ara News Agency http://aranews.org and Hevi Relief Association in Sere Kaniye / Ras al-Ain city, which now operates as an independent association itself after it was established in 2013 to provide humanitarian aid to the residents of the region following the war battles that took place there.
On 12/16/2013, PEL Organization established Mandela House in Qamishlo city, Syria, as a center for civil society, to support the civil movement in the region directly and to provide a center equipped with the necessary equipment for activists, to meet, discuss and hold activities in it for free.. at the end of 2016, the name of the center was changed from Mandela House to PEL Center, to match the name of the center with the name of the organization.
PEL Organization was established to activate the role of different societal groups (youth and women in particular) in political, social and economic life, to launch initiatives and projects that seek to consolidate coexistence and peace, and to provide an appropriate climate to activate civil life in society.
PEL’s work extends over a wide geographical range of the map of northern and eastern Syria, in several cities and districts, through physical centers equipped with all logistical tools and halls designated for activities and events in: Girkê Legê, Tirbe Spi, Qamishlo, Hasakah, Washokani camp, Derbasiyah, Ain Issa camp, Raqqa.
PEL is considered one of the active and pioneering organizations in the region, and it has an empowered and professional staff, as well as it has full credibility before the competent authorities in the Autonomous Administration of North and East Syria. In addition, PEL has a long history in building spaces and intersections with the actors and decision-making centers in the Autonomous Administration of North and East Syria, and this is evident in the participation and presence of personalities, bodies, and institutions working for the Autonomous Administration of North and East Syria in the activities, events and forums set up by the organization since its inception.
In addition to all of this, PEL organization has all the credibility with international donors, so the organization has worked and is still working on multiple projects, with different donors, over the course of ten years, including: – NPA – Adopt of Revolution – Pax – IWPR – Creative, Mercy. In addition to participating in international forums and activities periodically.
PEL – Civil Waves seeks to achieve a Syrian society that enjoys living in a climate supportive of civil peace and community cohesion in which sustainable development thrives for its institutions under the principles of democracy, pluralism and public freedoms.
PEL- Civil Waves was established to activate the role of various societal groups, “youth and women in particular”, in political, social and economic life, and to launch initiatives and projects that seek to consolidate coexistence, civil peace and provide an appropriate climate to activate civil life in society.
- Supporting and spreading democratic practices and community dialogue among members of society.
- Designing initiatives that contribute to accepting religious, ethnic, intellectual and political pluralism in society.
- Encouraging civil initiatives and contributing to their development.
- Increasing youth awareness of their role and their ability to influence various political, economic and social fields.
- Increasing awareness of women and their role in various political, economic and social aspects.
- Providing young people with skills that enable them to play an effective role in various political, economic and social aspects.
- Providing women with skills that enable them to play an effective role in various political, economic and social aspects.
- Promoting a culture of dialogue and coexistence between the various components.
- Networking with civil society in neighboring countries, especially Iraq and Turkey, due to the location of the organization’s work area on the border with the two countries on one hand, and the similarity of societal composition and historical experience, and therefore the presence of many intersections in civil work. This networking would increase the possibility of benefiting from the different experiences in the two countries mentioned, and stimulate regional dialogue on similar issues in the region.
Centers and geographical coverage
- المركز الرئيسي مدينة قامشلو.
- مركز الحسكة.
- مركز تربه سبي.
- مركز كركي لكي (تم إغلاقه نهاية عام 2019).
- مركز مخيم واشوكاني.
- مركز الرقة.
- مركز مخيم عين عيسى (أُحرق المركز).
Check out our success in numbers
we seek to achieve a Syrian society that enjoys living in a climate supportive of civil peace and community cohesion in which sustainable development thrives for its institutions under the principles of democracy, pluralism and public freedoms